Saturday, August 14, 2010

Battiti Live Concert

Had a great evening with friends in the next town up the Adriatic Coast last night. We made corn tortillas from scratch and then had a great do-it-yourself taco buffet on the roof of their house. Mexican food is a rare treat here in southern Italy, so my taste-buds were *so* happy!

After dinner we took a walk down the seafront into the center of town to hear the Battiti Live concert in the town's main piazza. It was the last show in a summer pop-rock series held around the region of Puglia.

Take a listen to some of groups we enjoyed to get a sense of what's happening in popular Italian music these days...



6 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

You can't tell me that you made your own corn tortillas without sharing the recipe!! I need to learn how to do that! :)

Melissa B. said...

Wonderful! I envy you your beautiful country, the lovely Italian people, and, of course, your food!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the music. I am trying to find the last song for my mp3.

Saretta said...

Rachel - actually, my friends made them, but I think it's really easy, just mix masa harina, water and salt. Then you roll the dough into balls and flatten them with a tortilla press.
Melissa - it is a great place to live!
Ranting Mom - glad you like it!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Sounds great. I love Mexican food.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I'm so glad to hear that you had a marvelous time, darling; your evening osunds simply divine!! :)