Saturday, September 20, 2008

Motherhood: sound bites (2)

G: Mommy, if you entered a beauty contest, you would win, for sure!

Me: Oh, I don't think so!

G: Oh, yes you would! (pause) But maybe you're a little bit too old...

Me: Too old?

G: I think you have to be between 20 and 30 years old.

Me: Actually, there are beauty contests for older women, you know.

G: Well, they wouldn't even let you participate if they saw you.

Me: Why not?!

G: Well, you are just *too* beautiful. They would turn you away at the door. All the other women would be afraid to compete against you.

Me: You know, honey, external beauty is really not the most important thing in life. I think it's more important to be a good person, to be friendly and kind to others...

G: Oh, I know that. I'm just trying to flatter you!

Me: ....

(This boy has been watching too many episodes of "Le Veline"!)

8 comments:

mouse (aka kimy) said...

I think I'm busting a gut laughing!! ah kids do say the darndest things!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

p.s. love the picture - you are both beautiful! I'm kind of against beauty queens these days (just think of the u.s. presidential race!)

Nick said...

What a kid! What a GRANDson!! We are still laughing . . . . . . . . . and missing.
Nick & Jess

Saretta said...

Mouse - it's not easy teaching kids to look below the surface of things! But, thanks for the compliment anyway ;-)))

Nick - we miss you two too!

charlie said...

Ha!Little boys are so affectionate with their mummies! Girls just steal all their make up and high heels!

Zen Ventures said...

You're son will be a popular boy amongst girls if he keeps that up! :) Just hoppin' over from MBC!

Maricris

Saretta said...

Charlie - I always wanted a girl, but I'm starting to see the benefits of having boys! LOL!

Maricris - thanks for stopping by!

Scintilla said...

Oh what a sweetie!