Friday, September 5, 2008

Interesting Pizza


There's pizza and then there's PIZZA. Anyone living in Italy long enough becomes a connoisseur, able to identify the "better" pizza on the basis of the crust, the quality of the toppings, the combination of the toppings, the type of oven used (electric versus woodburning) and the skill of the "pizzaiolo" (pizza chef) to put it all together.
My favorite place for pizza here in Molfetta is Salvatore Bufi's restaurant. It is not actually a pizzeria, but a fine restaurant, but on Saturday nights he whips up some of the most delicious and ingenious pizzas I've ever tried.
This beauty has a thin crust and is toppped with tomato sauce, pit cheese, red onions and mushrooms. Delicious!
What's your favorite kind of pizza?

5 comments:

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Four seasons / ham / margherita :-)

Saretta said...

Yum, yum!!!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

hard question to answer as we make pizza at home at least a couple times a month. the crust for me has to be nice and thin....then the toppings.... I love anchovies so sometimes a simple anchovy, goat cheese, fresh rosemary, olive oil and calamata olive will do! I like playing with different veggies - eggplant is a fave. I haven't met many pizza I don't like - however if it has pineapple on it don't get it near me!

Saretta said...

You are a gourmet pizza gal! I have to admit that before I came to Italy I loved pineapple on my pizza...but I got that Americanism knocked out of me pretty quick!

tr3nta said...

Marinara o Margherita, Grazie....