Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Latest Project

I have a rather cyclical attention span. By that I mean that I get really into something for a while, it becomes my big passion and I pursue it actively for quite some time, and then . . . one day I am just not that into it anymore.

There was the photography phase when I couldn't walk down the street at a normal speed because I had to take pictures of every little thing (drove my kids nuts!). For a couple of years I never went anywhere without my camera. I bravely, and in a way completely out of character for me, approached strangers asking if I could photograph them (and discovered that no one ever says no!). That was when I was doing my other blog Molfetta Daily Photo . . . which I haven't updated for the longest time now.

Then there was the giveaway phase when I spent precious hours of my day entering contests. . . and winning lots of them, too! I won clothes, jewelry, books, DVDs, Amazon gift certificates, nail polish, you name it. I even won two prizes at the end of the season lottery at the local beach club. My lucky streak! But giveaways don't appeal to me in the least anymore.

However, I can't go long without a passion, so here's my latest: it's me! Okay, so maybe that's not very clear. What I mean is that I have decided to work more seriously on my level of fitness. I love working out at the gym and by that I mean lifting weights, and have been doing it for about 6 years now. My transformation from total couch potato to fitness freak has been slow and not without its difficulties, both psychological and physical. More on that in a later post.

What I want to talk about right now is this fantastic on-line trainer that I have discovered. Her name is Shawna Kaminski and her program is called Female Fat Loss After 40. I love that name, 'cause it just says it like it is, without any euphemisms, and that's so my style.

Now, I am fully aware that I am not a "fat" person. I have never been overweight and, in fact, my goal is not to lose any weight, but just to tone up, get stronger and feel confident and healthy. I just haven't been able to do it to my satisfaction on my own at the gym, without the help of a personal trainer . . . which I can't afford.

So, that's where Shawna comes in. She lives in Canada, on the other side of the world, and I have never even met her and yet, thanks to the internet, she is helping me to work towards my fitness goals.

This is Shawna, not me!
What an inspiration!
I am currently doing her 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss program and it is incredible. It involves a special diet and daily workouts that I follow on video. I am already on Day 10, so I'm halfway through the program. I do not want to show you my "before" photos, too embarrassing, but maybe maybe I'll show you my "after" pictures . . . if I can bear it!

In the meantime, I'll keep you posted on my progress.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

not quite 40 yet (but it's RIGHT around the corner) ~ this looks interesting. am curious how it all shapes up for you (pardon the pun!).

Unknown said...

Bikini season has got me focusing a little more on my fitness as well :-P It's great that you found a program that motivates you! Good luck!

Shawna said...

Sara,
I'm thrilled that you're doing my program and with the emails that you're sending me detailing your progress. This is music to my ears. Anyone that is dedicated and follows the outline will have amazing results. Thanks stepping out of your comfort zone to share your results with your readers as well. I look forward to hearing more from you,
Sincerely,
Shawna
Author, Female Fat Loss Over 40

Gaspegirl said...

That is awewome! Good luck with your goals and I can't wait to see your results!!