Sunday, June 27, 2010

USA Out of the Running...

The US team is out of the World Cup, too... Gloom and despair has descended upon my household like the sound of 10,000 vuvuzelas petering out in a sad and lonely whimper.

Now who are we supposed to root for?

I'm leaning toward either Mexico or Japan, because I have lived and worked in both of those nations, so there are emotional and historical links. Danny is undecided, but leaning toward Japan. More on the logic of "support the underdog" than anything else.

In the meantime, what's a boy to do but go to the beach, contemplate the horizon and the big questions in life (Justice! Injustice!) and lean on his old man for a little support...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really not into soccer but I was kind of happy the USA team got so far. Thanks for stopping by. I am glad to find another blog written by an American woman living in Italy. I have a few others on my blogroll.

Saretta said...

Thank *you* for stopping by! As I mentioned yesterday, I really don't care about soccer either. I just follow the World Cup as a form of solidarity with my older son! :-)