Monday, August 22, 2011

Yin-Yang You

It's Monday Listicles day again and this time it's a doozy. Kim from Zook Book Nook chose YinYang as this week's list topic. 

Do you know what YinYang is? 

Let me quote Wikipedia: "In Asian philosophy, the concept of yin yang (simplified Chinese阴阳traditional Chinese陰陽pinyinyīnyáng), which is often referred to in the West as "yin and yang", is used to describe how polar opposites or seemingly contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, and how they give rise to each other in turn. Opposites thus only exist in relation to each other."

Got that?

Here's my list of the Yin Yang in my life:

1. Italian-American


I have both Italian and US citizenship now, but neither country recognises the other citizenship. For the US, I am only American. For Italy, I am Italian e basta!

2. Reader-Writer



I am doing one of these two things most of the day, every day.

3. Teacher-Learner


My students are a lot older and somewhat better behaved than the ones in this picture, but the idea is that I learn as much as I teach every time I go into the classroom.

4. Good Mommy-Bad Mommy


It ain't easy being the first love of someone's life and, at the same time, the person who rains on their parade with rules, responsibility and those irritating life lessons!

5. Sedentary-Active

Always working on the balance between these two. I spend long hours seated at the pc working and then vigorous bursts of working out . . . I guess I'm somewhere mid-ground between these two lovely ladies!

6. Interior-Exterior

De Chirico - Archeologi

Another area I work to keep in balance. I do a lot of both work and pleasurable activities that use only my mind, so I have to remind myself to get out of my own head and interact with the rest of the world!

7. Soft-Hard


When people first meet me they often find me "sweet." Ha! Ha ha ha ha ha!

8. Shabby-Chic

One day ratty old tshirt and no makeup - the next, silk and heels.

It's my blog, so I can show you only the pretty pictures, if I want to!

9. D&G (not Dolce & Gabbana)

D

G
Two different personalities, two different ages and completely different interests 
two different parenting styles.

10. Right-Wrong


I have strong opinions and express them forcefully.
I am always SURE I know what is right and wrong.
Until you show me how the other side of the coin is equally true.
And then that's cool, too.

Stasha at The Good Life has asked me to choose next week's Listicles topic, so . . . here goes:

10 Places You Love

To play along this week, next week, whenever you feel like it, just link up over at Stasha's place.