Monday, March 12, 2012

10 Things Women

So, we'll just slide over the whole discussion of why I haven't posted since August and act as if it's not at all strange for me to be suddenly writing a blog post today. And what better way for me to ease back into my comfy blogging slippers than with a Monday Listicles list? 

This week Ms. Stasha of The Good Life herself has chosen the topic which is loosely defined as 10 things about women, in honor of International Women's Day (March 8, in case you missed it). Here in Italy the day is celebrated as an excuse for women to go out with their girlfriends and watch male strippers. Which could be fun, I guess, but is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think about "women."

What did come to mind for me were several songs by or about women, so that's what I've decided to share with you. I've listed them in the order in which I thought of them . . . Tell me which one is your favorite!

1. I am Woman, Helen Reddy


2. These Boots are Made for Walking, Nancy Sinatra


3. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndy Lauper


4. I Love Rock & Roll, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts


5. Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves, Aretha Franklin and Annie Lenox


7. You Don't Own Me, Lesley Gore


8. Independent Women, Destiny's Child


9. Paid My Dues, Anastacia


10. Respect, Aretha Franklin


If you stop by The Good Life today, you can see what 10 things a whole passel of bloggers listed about women. Aren't you curious? I know I am!