Friday, July 23, 2010

Children's Theater Festival

This is the 15th year that a local theater company, Teatrermitage, has put on a week-long children's film festival in our town. There are 7 nights of shows held in an outdoor amphitheater. A jury of children is selected each year with the important task of evaluating each production and choosing a festival winner. My younger son participated as a juror last year and it was quite an experience for him. He felt very important!

The festival is called Ti Fiabo e Ti Racconto. I have included a link to their website, but the information is all in Italian.

Last night we saw a lively and acrobatic version of Peter Pan.
Here Wendy is dancing with Peter's invisible shadow...

4 comments:

citymouse said...

That's pretty cool. I love theater. My husband and I went to an outdoor production of Romeo and Juliet last Sunday. It was the highlight of my weekend.

When did I become my Mom said...

Looks like so much fun!

Rosaria Williams said...

Wonderful cultural exposure. Are your children equally adept in English and Italian?

Saretta said...

Citymouse - I love the theater, too!

When did - it really is!

lakeviewer - my sons are much better in Italian, but they understand English and can get by. They don't really appreciate how lucky they are to be bilingual yet.