Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Tax Man

Phone conversation overheard at the tax office...

Tax guy: Sì, professore, sì. You will have to declare that. Well, technically sì, you should have declared it last year, too. Mmmm, mmmm. Well, really, you didn't know about it last year, so let's just not mention it and act as if it was just an oversight...

Same tax guy then advises me to declare Son A's sports expenses as Son B's so as to get the full deduction. I suppose it's nice to have the tax guy on your side, finding you loopholes and nifty deductions and all.

Though, I am damn sure that if I were to follow some of that less than legit advice and then get audited...Mr. Tax Guy would have no responsibility whatsoever for anything!

2 comments:

Tinsie said...

I think the trick is to only follow the advice on which you can't reasonably be found out IYKWIM ;-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Haha! I think, on the whole, it's better to have the tax man on your side, as you say.