Monday, January 12, 2009

Be patient, little blog...

This poor blog has been so neglected for so long, it would probably growl at me...if blogs could! Not long from now I'll finish that mega-translation I've been working on since the end of November and will (perhaps) have some time to dedicate to you, blog dear.

For now, I've copied this meme from Michelle at bleedingespresso...

1. My uncle once: slept through the landing of the man on the moon!

2. Never in my life: would I say "never in my life."

3. When I was five: my uncle (same one as above) taught me to say "buenos dias." Little did he know he was sparking a life-long interest in foreign languages!

4. High school was: yucky.

5. I will never forget: the births of my sons.

6. Once I met: Mitch Easter. Does anyone remember Mitch Easter? Let's Active? Am I alone here?

7. There’s this girl I know: who is the best shopping date around!

8. Once, at a bar: I won a t-shirt for my exceptional dancing!

9. By noon, I’m usually: wondering what to cook for lunch, another lunch.

10. Last night: at 10:50 p.m. 300 Italian radio stations played the same song by Fabrizio De Andre: Amore Che Viene Amore Che Va.

11. If only I had: a Mini.

12. Next time I go to church: will be the first time in 2009.

13. What worries me most: my children's future happiness.

14. When I turn my head left I see: my black purse dumped on top of my green purse, an Italian-English dictionary, the book I'm translating, my cell-phone, the house phone and a memory stick.

15. When I turn my head right I see: two paintings by my grandfather hanging on the wall.

16. You know I’m lying when: I turn red, bright red.

17. What I miss most about the Eighties is: ska music.

18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be: Ariel, the fairy spirit.

19. By this time next year: I hope to have been paid all that backpay the university owes me!

20. A better name for me would be: impossible to find...I love my name.

21. I have a hard time understanding: higher math, Molfettan dialect, limited mentalities.

22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll: study a little bit of this and a little bit of that, whatever catches my fancy.

23. You know I like you if: you make me laugh.

24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: my children and husband for putting up with me.

25. Take my advice, never: say never.

26. My ideal breakfast is: a tower of waffles and bacon with maple syrup!

27. A song I love but do not have is: I Can Feel You, by Anastacia or So What by Pink.

28. If you visit my hometown, I suggest you: have a Plan B for your day because I don't have a hometown, never lived anywhere longer than 2 years before coming to Italy.

29. Why won’t people: mind their own £%*&**+& business?

30. If you spend a night at my house: bring warm pj's, it's cold in here!

31. I’d stop my wedding for: someone giving birth unexpectedly or having a heart attack. But, what wedding? Been there, done that!

32. The world could do without: unkind people going around hurting others with their unkind actions.

33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: eat brain, tripe or tongue.

34. My favourite blonde(s) is/are: my sons!

35. Paper clips are more useful than: a poke in the eye?

36. If I do anything well it’s: cuddle.

37. And by the way: if you do this meme, let me know so I can read your answers!

Okay, I copied the last answer from Michelle, but I'm curious!

6 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I'm with you on #9 and #29, and I really hope you get the money that's owed to you by next year too. Sheesh.

Also lovely to read about the paintings done by your grandfather :)

Great meme!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I like your answers, especially no 32.

Leah Marie Brown said...

I love this question/answer quiz. Fun! I hope you don't mind if I snatch it? I will attribute it, of course.

Saretta said...

Help yourself, Leah!

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

I hope you will forgive my love to details: at #10 the right title of the song is "Amore che vieni amore che vai" because all words are written referring to a second singular person.

Saretta said...

Thanks Fabrizio! I didn't realise!